Date(s) - 08/12/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Asymmetrical spinnaker handling
This is an intensive asymmetrical spinnaker handling course with a combination of theory and practice. Morning session covers spinnaker rigging, crew handling responsibilities, hoisting and dousing. Afternoon sessions, all crew will rotate positions. While skipper privileges are not required, all students will be expected to helm through the exercises.
Asymmetrical Spinnaker Handling
- Rigging the spinnaker
- Division of crew responsibilities (hoisting, gybing and dousing)
- Understanding and executing windward drops, leeward drop, and the Mexican
- Trimming the spinnaker
- Broaching – prevention and recovery
- Understanding the difference between an inside and outside gybe
- Understanding Polar diagram
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
4 students required for course to be offered. Students must be pre-approved for registration.
Introductory member cost: $150 per person – includes the use of spinnaker and equipment. (lunch not included).
For approved students: Payment link: https://one15brooklyn.checkfront.com/reserve/?category_id=4
Hey I’m interested
- Chris Graham
- Stuart Newling
- Annie Hsu
- Marc Pierre
- Kelly Peters